I am by no means gluten-free. I absolutely love bread. But this recipe just happens to be gluten-free by way of using almond meal instead of flour. It’s savory, chewy, and has a crumb just like a regular muffin. You can use this base recipe in a variety of ways and add your own flavorings to keep it savory or make it sweet. In the future I will post my chocolate coconut version. Stay tuned…
Savory Almond Flour Muffins
Makes 7 muffins
1/3 cup neutral-flavored oil such as canola or peanut
¼ cup milk (dairy or milk alternative)
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 cups almond flour
1 cup chopped fresh spinach (do not use frozen spinach, it will be too wet)
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Line a muffin tin with muffin papers or spray thoroughly with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, milk, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, which together baking powder and almond flour. Add this to the liquid ingredients. Stir well to combine.
- Add chopped spinach to the mixture and stir again. Fill muffin cups 1/4 full with the mixture. Place some feta crumbles in the middle of each cup and top with the remainder of the batter.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes or until baked through. Let cool on a wire rack.